[Openswan Users] How to use Openswan on ARM platform

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Sun Dec 4 18:35:47 CET 2005

On Sun, 4 Dec 2005, Chen Lintao wrote:

> Now I am working on using Openswan  on ARM based platform ( S3C2410 ), It's
> the first time for me to do "Cross compiling" work. Someone can give me some
> references or BEST working steps in detail .

There are a few places you can have a look, but it all comes down to "you only
need to change the variables from Makefile and Makefile.inc. These can all be
overridden from the commandline, eg: GCC, RANLIB, AS, AR. Make sure you also
have a cross compiled gmp library which you need.

A good example to check out is the openwrt openswan package. It cross compiles
for mips using buildroot, but you can use buildroot for your ARM port as well.
See http://openwrt.org/

Some hints for windows cross compiling are in docs/cross-compiler.txt.

"Happiness is never grand"

	--- Mustapha Mond, World Controller (Brave New World)