[Openswan Users] klips Warning: unknown symbol

Giovani Moda - MR Informática giovani at mrinformatica.com.br
Wed Aug 24 17:07:09 CEST 2005

Hey folks,

I know there's been already some posts about it, but I'm trying to compile
2.4.0rc3 on several boxes, and I'm getting always the same errors when
modprobing ipsec module:

Unknown symbol des_ede3_cbc_encrypt
Unknown symbol ipsec_3des_init
Unknown symbol des_check_key
Unknown symbol ipsec_aes_init

So far I have tried FC2 kernel 2.6.10-1.771, FC2 with vanilla kernel 2.6.10,
FC2 with vanilla kernel 2.6.12.5 and debian sarge with vanilla kernel
2.6.12.5. They all present the same problem.

I believe that's a problem with openswan patch or ipsec module, and not with
the kernels. Let me know if that's something I'm doing wrong or if I should
wait a little bit more before compiling klips with 2.6 kernels.

BTW: I saw something in this list about openswan-2.3.1 with KLIPS working on
an FC2 box with vanilla kernel. I tried it out, compiled a 2.6.10 vanilla
kernel in an FC2 box, and still got kernel panic when stabilishing the
tunnel. Have anyone had any luck with that?

Cheers,

Giovani