[Openswan Users] Need help with ipsec.conf for a connection including a HW router

Heinz Mezera hmtux at mezera.at
Thu Aug 18 15:22:50 CEST 2005

Hello reader,

I'd like to setup the following connection and as a newbie I'm lost with
the ipsec.conf; help appreciated.

Both ends run Openswan, the VPN gateway to my "Home-LAN" is "Linux
Openswan U1.0.7/K1.0.9" and the other end is a version 2.x

Home-LAN gateway has a fixed external IP (80.108.217.166), the network
behind is 192.16.0.0/16.
The other end is a HW router (US Robotics Model 8000-02) with a fixed
external IP as well and the PC behind is 10.0.0.109.

I'm not sure if the above mentioned router is able to do what I need,
but I'm willing to buy a new one if necessary. The built in Web-setup
offers a virtual server "forwarding" for VPN/ipsec.

Could a kind soul please send a detailed ipsec.conf (ipsec.secrets will
use PSK for start) to get me up and running or name a router model that
will work as expected.

Best regards from Vienna, Austria
Heinz