[Openswan Users] Radius Client for L2TPD on Fedora 4

Jacco de Leeuw jacco2 at dds.nl
Tue Aug 16 13:39:53 CEST 2005

Sandor Geller wrote:

> On Mon, 2005-08-15 at 12:15 -0700, Ravi Verma wrote:
>
>>I have an Openswan+L2TP installation on Fedora 4 which allows Windows
>>XP/2000 clients to connect by way of L2TP/IPSEC.
>>
>>I need help with setting up L2TP to connect to the Freeradius server. I
>>cannot find the shared library radius.so which I can call from the ppp
>>options file.
>
> This is a ppp-specific question. You have to recompile ppp with RADIUS
> support (you have to edit pppd/plugins/Makefile.linux), and install it.
> Now you can use 'plugin radius.so' in your ppp options file. The
> RADIUS-specific settings can be customized in /etc/radiusclient.

I'm afraid the RADIUS plugin fails to build on FC4 if it is enabled in
the Makefile. I can't even get the standard PPP SRPM to compiled without
some small changes. But the development RPM at least builds:

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/SRPMS/ppp-2.4.3-3.src.rpm

Jacco
Jacco de Leeuw                         mailto:jacco2 at dds.nl