[Openswan Users] Openswan + L2TP

Jacco de Leeuw jacco2 at dds.nl
Fri Aug 12 20:13:06 CEST 2005

Marcos Ferreira da Silva wrote:

> I'm using a standart installation of fedora core 4.  What's the NETKEY?

NETKEY (alias 26sec) is the native IPsec implementation in kernel 2.6.

> At the client side, I'll have to configure first the  IPSec to connect
> and after I use the L2TP? Or when I use the L2TP it connect the IPSec
> automatically?

The Windows client connect with IPsec first and then connects with
L2TP automatically.

> What's better? With klips or not?

Each has its pros and cons. One disadvantage of KLIPS is that it
currently does not work with the standard kernels of Fedora Core.
You will have to recompile your own (vanilla) kernel or use NETKEY.

Jacco
Jacco de Leeuw                         mailto:jacco2 at dds.nl