[Openswan Users] Issues with L2TPNS and Openswan on Fedora Core 4

Norman Rasmussen normanr at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 20:20:27 CEST 2005

Yea, if you want to use radius back into a Windows AD infrastructure,
then I guess you have to use L2TPNS.  I was authenticating with local
unix accounts, and I think the debian guys do their own package
maintance, so the package sees more fixes that the official source.

I've found that the Windows Radius was very picky with my Access
Point, PDA, and using 802.1X.  Maybe it has similar issues with IPSEC?

(Authentication took so long to occur, that the device thought it had
timed out, and tried again, then got authenticated and connected...
Then the second request would kick the device off the network)