[Openswan Users] FC2 vs. FC3

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Mon Aug 1 22:58:26 CEST 2005

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005, George Hadjichristofi wrote:

> Which Fedora distribution, FC2 or FC3,  is more compatible to run
> Openswan and NETKEY with IPv6?

The Fedora Core does not matter much. You should use openswan-2.4.x and the very
latest 2.6.x.y kernel from Linus, and not any distribution kernel, if you want
to use NETKEY.

You will encounter lots of problems with the scripts that are not yet ipv6 ready
yet and you will need to "whack" the IKE daemon "pluto" yourself using "ipsec whack".

But if you manage to get things runing, I'd love to see patches to the scripts that
made it work.

"With Data mining, we can search specifically for clues"

--- The AIVD (The Dutch NSA) on the necessity of ISP's data retension