[Openswan Users] Windows XP and OpenSwan

Aaron Smith asmith at nexcerpt.com
Thu Apr 28 14:25:51 CEST 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-28 at 12:23, Paul Wouters wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Apr 2005, Aaron Smith wrote:
>
> > 	Ok.  Couple of questions.    I *think* this is a nat traversal issue.
> > If I have an Openswan Gateway machine that has a public IP and then I
> > have a Windows XP client behind a linux server doing NAT, does the
> > openswan Gateway need to support nat-t?
>
> Yes.

	Well, that explains it then.  :)

> You are missing a line with line 'nat_traversal=yes'

	Yeah, I had that in there, but I got errors in my log saying that the
kernel didn't support nat_traversal.  I installed Openswan from source
and just built the ipsec.o kernel module and userland utilities.  I had
hoped I wouldn't have to rebuild the actual kernel because taking this
particular machine down for a reboot is a bit of a PITA.  I don't
suppose there's a configure option to have Nat-T added in to the kernel
module compile that I may have missed?  I'll go check...  :)

> Paul
Aaron Smith             		vox: 269.226.9550 ext.26
http://www.nexcerpt.com       		fax: 269.349.9076

	...Nexcerpt... Extend Your Expertise