[Openswan Users] Apple OS X 10.4

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Wed Apr 27 20:00:11 CEST 2005

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 jamesp at hisser.org wrote:

>> This is with KLIPS on kernel 2.4, right?
>
> I am not too sure what if I am using KLIPS - but it's definately 2.4. It's on an
> IPcop 1.4 based machine, with l2tp installed.

If it is 2.4 it has to be klips.

> I am in the process of configuring a 26sec based machine for hopefully better
> testing, with Openswan 2.2.0 or whatever the latest version is.

2.3.1

>> What I am curious about is whether Apple *finally* added support for
>> certificates in the "Internet Connect" application. Did you notice
>> anything different?

Tiger supports full X.509 and XAUTH, and might not need an L2TP setup
anymore. I will be testing this in the next few days.

It will be pretty interoperable, because Cisco employees will have
a choice of Mac of PC laptop, and I'm sure Cisco won't change their
Concentrators for this :)