[Openswan Users] Openswan 2.3.1 - Sig ABRT during rekeying

Jorge Daniel Sequeira Matias martin at andorinha.ist.utl.pt
Fri Apr 22 14:21:35 CEST 2005

  Hello everyone,

  I have justed started to use Openswan a few days ago and I have a found a
critical BUG I suppose.

  First, I'd like to describe my setup:

  - Athlon MP 2000+ (with only in CPU at the moment)
  - 1024MB ECC RAM

  - Kernel 2.6.11 (vanilla)
  - Distribution Debian (unstable)
  - SNMPd (just in case. I saw a few msgs about this subject)

  The intent of this system is to serve as a VPN Server and Firewall solution.
  I want to use the Windows builtin VPN client (IPSec/L2TP) and I want the
clients, being behind NAT boxes, to be able to connect to the VPN server.
  So far so good, because it works with Openswan.

  The problem is:

  With Openswan 2.3.0 (debian pkg) I had segmentation faults during some of
the NAT-T KEEPALIVE events.
  Openswan v2.3.1 (original source) has segmentation faults during SA
renegotiation. It seems not be very predictive because it doesn't happen
every renegotiation

  In attach I send a two log files during the moment of events:

     /var/log/daemon.log
     /var/log/auth.log

  I also send my config file in attach (/etc/ipsec.conf)

  I hope this will help to track down the BUG. It occurs occasionaly but is
sufficiently problematic for most users that don't understand what happened
with their VPN connection.

Best Regards,
Jorge Matias