[Openswan Users]

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Thu Apr 21 18:03:03 CEST 2005

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005, Brent Newson wrote:

> conn bhome
>        left=192.168.1.1
>        leftnexthop=%defaultroute
>        leftsubnet=10.0.0.0/24
>        right=192.168.2.1

> When ever i issue the 'ipsec auto --up bhome' from the client machine
> i get the following error:
>
> 022 "bhome": We cannot identify ourselves with either end of this connection.

That machine has neither 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.2.1 as its IP address, so
pluto does not know wether it is supposed to be 'left' or 'right'.

Eitehr you dont have ip address when you start openswan, or you are using
advanced routing to add multiple ip addresses without using 'ip aliases'.
This is not yet supported. Use 'ifconfig eth0:1 192.168.1.1' instead)