[Openswan Users] diff openswan 2.3.1 and 1.0.8 ??

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Mon Apr 18 11:59:56 CEST 2005

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005, foren titze wrote:

> I am thinking about an upgrade from 1xx to 2.3.x.
>
> Are there any advantages that "I must have" when I try to bring
> windows-roadwarriors in our buisness-net?
>
> Is it faster?

It is not faster, sicne windows does not support AES. you will still
be using 3DES.
There are many reasons to upgrade though, most importantly newer/better
NAT-Traversal support. But you would at least have to run the very latest
subrelease of the 2.6.11 kernel. So if things work for you now, I would
wait a little bit longer.

As time passes hardware approaches the effectiveness of a rock and
the reliability of a crack addict.
                                      --- Naubert's law