[Openswan Users] Can't get VPN working bwehind firewall

Harri Koppel harri at altien.com
Mon Apr 11 18:52:27 CEST 2005

Hi I have a problem with following setup:

There is a speedtouch router between internet and linux server.

Linux server is basically routing between different networks.

Interface connected to router is eth3 and it's address is
10.1.0.1/255.255.255.0

Other interface, connected to LAN, I need to get access to, is tied to
eth1 and has an ip address of 10.0.0.1/255.255.0.0

(lan, which I need access to)

   |(eth1 10.0.0.1/16)
vpnserver(eth3 10.1.0.1/24)--(10.1.0.100/24) speedtouch router (pub
IP1)--(net)--(pub IP2)(router)(whatever local ip)--(whatever local
ip)win xp client

I need to connect to this VPN with my laptop (windows XP) (laptop will
be in it's own LAN and behind NAT)

Ipsec.conf looks like this:

config setup
        interfaces=%defaultroute
        klipsdebug=none
        plutodebug=none
        nat_traversal=yes

conn office
        left=10.1.0.1
        leftid=@vpn server fqn
        leftnexthop=10.1.0.100
        authby=secret
        pfs=no
        right=84.9.66.66
        type=transport
        auto=add
        rightprotoport=17/1701
        leftprotoport=17/1701

And when I try to connect from outside I get to stage3 and there is a
message in the logs:

Cannot respond to IPsec SA request because no connection is known for
(public of my router) ===10.1.0.1:17/1701...(public roadwarrior)[@fqn of
roadwarrior]:17/1701

y suggestions?