[Openswan Users] Problem to install openswan with Kernel 2.4

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Mon Apr 11 19:24:38 CEST 2005

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005, Lennart Mordek wrote:

> My english is not very good. I've got a problem with install openswan 2.3.1
> on a SuSe 9.0 with kernel 2.4.21. My Howto is
> http://wiki.openswan.org/index.php/Building%20from%20tarballs%20for%202.4
> but this command doesn't work
> "make KERNELSRC=/usr/src/linux precheck verset kpatch"
>
> duplo:/usr/src/openswan-2.3.1dr6 # make KERNELSRC=/usr/src/linux precheck

> patching file net/Makefile
> Hunk #1 FAILED at 17.
> 1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file net/Makefile.rej

This might be because of the changed patch. We are trying to use one patch
that properly builds most (all) 2.4 kernels, but it is becoming harder and
harder over time.

If you just want to build klips as a module, without patching the kernel tree,
you should be able to do:

make KERNELSRC=/usr/src/linux module minstall

I am not sure if Michael or Ken can tweak the patch so it works with 2.4.21 as
well as the more modern 2.4 kernels.