[Openswan Users] leftsourceip with IPsec2.6 stopped working

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Fri Apr 1 14:22:43 CEST 2005

It seems that after upgrading to 2.6.11, leftsourceip is not
honoured anymore. I am using OpenS/WAN 2.3.0-2 (Debian) on both
peers, and setting leftsourceip on the RoadWarrior (which is my home
firewall) to an internal IP address worked in the past and caused
direct traffic between the two machines to be tunneled as well.

Now, however, traffic from the home network is properly tunneled,
but traffic between the firewall itself and the host on the 'Net is
sent clear text.

What could be the reason that this stopped working?

  \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:" net at madduck

invalid/expired pgp subkeys? use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!
spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net

consciousness: that annoying time between naps.