[Openswan Users] OpenSwan on SLES8

Greg Dickinson gdickinson at logistasolutions.com
Sun Sep 26 18:22:35 CEST 2004

Hello,

I'm attempting to install Openswan on my SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8
box.  I've tried 2.1.4, 2.1.5, and 2.2.0 - and none seem to compile.
I'm following the instructions in the wiki for RedHat 9 (the ones for
Debian generated no errors, but ipsec verify says I have no KLIPS
support) and this is what I get when I type "make nattpatch | (cd
/usr/src/linux-2.4 && patch -p1 && make bzImage) "

"sch_atm.c: In function 'atm_tc_change':
sch_atm.c:316: union has no member named 'af_atm' "

The only references I find to this error suggests I run a "make
mrproper" before attemting the "make bzImage" but that has no effect.

Any ideas?

--Greg