[Openswan Users] Cannot connect XP SP2 roadwarrior to server -any known issues?

Marcus Blomenkamp mblomenk at gmx.de
Sun Sep 19 11:45:56 CEST 2004

Am Sonntag, 19. September 2004 03:17 schrieb Trevor Benson:

>   Is there a way to allow protocol 50 and 51 in firewalls that don't
> specify anything beyond TCP and UDP? Are there specific ports that can
> be opened to allow these protocols?

Not exactly. What i found is that one can set a policy in management console
to enable IPSec bypassing SP2 firewall. However as far as i understood the
following article (and the document referenced within at the end)

	http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;875357

this setting can neither be enabled globally nor for a specific IP subnet but
for a group of machines with matching Windows Domain SIDs instead. I have not
figured out yet on how to apply this idea to my (not windows centric) system.

Regards, Marcus