[Openswan Users] Cannot connect XP SP2 roadwarrior to server - any known issues?

Trevor Benson tbenson at a-1networks.com
Sat Sep 18 12:17:24 CEST 2004

On Friday, September 17, 2004 Nate Carlson wrote:

> > Now i have to find the exact switch to get this thing
> running. Tcpdump
> > shows ESP packets and a few control packets (ARP etc) only
> - just as
> > expected. Windows Firewall GUI is centered around giving
> applications or
> > system access to TCP or UDP ports. I'm stuck here :(
>
> Yeah, it's annoying.

I can get around in the Windows firewall, and know where to add ports
for generic inbound traffic.  Although (and I may be wrong on the
specifics) after I enabled ports 500 and 4500 UDP (is it supposed to be
TCP?) it had the same reaction on the client side as without them.
Maybe I missed something when browsing through the configuration of the
firewall/vpn box and missed a port?

Trevor