[Openswan Users] ipsec devices

Sat Sep 18 16:30:03 CEST 2004

Hello list,

Four newbie questions:

I use native kernel-2.6-ipsec now, but I really miss my ipsecX devices.
As far as I understand from a quick scan of the docs I get these devices
back when switching to openswan. Right or wrong?

I want to use these devices to do some QoS. I suppose that is possible.
Right or wrong?

I use native kernel-2.6 ipsec for multiple tunnels to SonicWall
appliances (ESP, 3DES, HMAC, SHA1 with shared key). Can I run into
problems when switching to openswan?

Are there any disadvantages (or problems that may occur) using openswan
when switching from native ipsec?

Richard.