[Openswan Users] udp_encap_rcv(): Unhandled UDP encap type: 1

Herbert Xu herbert at gondor.apana.org.au
Sat Sep 18 11:17:16 CEST 2004

David Clymer <david at hrcsb.org> wrote:

> I'm seeing the same thing. I'm running Debian 3.1 (Sarge), a custom debian
> 2.4.26 kernel with native IPSec, and openswan 2.1.3. The only patch I've applied is for

Previous versions of NAT-T in the kernel was hopelessly broken when it
came to detecting what is supported.  So please upgrade your kernel to
the latest 2.6 version or a newer backport for 2.4
(http://gondorpa.apana.org.au/~herbert/ipsec-2.4).

However, openswan should probably default to the newer NON_ESP method
if it is available.  Can you please show us the logs to see if that's
the case?
Email: Herbert Xu ~{PmV>HI~} <herbert at gondor.apana.org.au>