[Openswan Users] Testconfig with Openswan 2.1.5 on Suse 9.1 not working

t.henneberger at hcs-computer.de t.henneberger at hcs-computer.de
Fri Sep 17 12:24:19 CEST 2004

Hello, it is me again ;)

I am getting very frustrated, so i will share what happened
till now:

In order to learn the basics with Openswan I installed a
Debian 2.4.26 and used Openswan 2.1.3, but after many hours
of trying and reading I always came up with the error
"no ipsec-enabled interfaces found" (read more about it
on this list, subject is "Trouble with Openswan test "no
ipsec-enabled interfaces"). I got no answer here, so
I used the IRC channel #openswan, and after some chats
I got the answer "There seems to be something wrong with
your general config, can't help you".

Alright, no problem, I decide to start over and install
a Suse 9.1 and use the 2.1.5 rpm from openswan.org.
After some minor problems I managed to get everything
running, ipsec verify tells me that everything is working
fine.

I write the following ipsec.conf:

#ipsec.conf
version 2

config setup
klipsdebug=none
plutodebug=none
manualstart=""

conn test
left=192.168.1.220
right=%any

Now guess what, i use ./ipsec manual --up test and get the
error "no ipsec-enabled interfaces found".... ARGH

So, to verify this:
a) I can use ipsec.conf and ./ipsec manual --up xyz with Openswan 2.1.5
on a 2.6 Kernel, right ????
b) is this ipsec.conf correct ??????