[Openswan Users] openswan and virtual interfaces

Dave Harrison David.Harrison at sensorynetworks.com
Wed Sep 15 13:50:35 CEST 2004

hey all,

I've got a machine that is sitting in a DMZ with an interface that has a
private ip for that dmz.

I've also brought up a 'real ip' as a virtual interface for that
interface, so now I've got eth1 and eth1:0.

eth1:0 has the ip address that I want to act as the VPN endpoint,
and the external gateway is correctly routing the packets through.

But ipsec keeps failing when its time to add the route for the SA.
(route-client command exited with status 7) -- this message is
apparently to do with the next hop being incorrect ?

Anyone got any ideas ?

cheers
Dave
--
Dave Harrison, Systems Administrator, Sensory Networks
    email:          David.Harrison at sensorynetworks.com
    phone:          [W] +61-2-8302-2700
    fingerprint:    E29F 2D6A FA27 5B0B B429  F8D3 5318 22D6 E775 2241