[Openswan Users] Masquerade

MArtin Erasmus martin at onyx.co.za
Fri Sep 10 18:11:15 CEST 2004

Hi

I am running FC2 with  IPsec U2.1.4  with kernel 2.6.5-1.358smp

I  get ipsec up and a tunnel up and I can ping between the two and use
terminal server but it does not print and vnc also dont work.

in the main Server's firewall there is the following line, in the remote
system it is commented out, the two firewalls are the same.

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o $INET_IFACE -d ! 192.168.0.0/16 -j
MASQUERADE

If I comment it out in the main server firewall everything works perfectly
my networks are as follows
local, head office network  192.168.0.0/24
remote network 192.168.4.0/24,

This is the first remote site I have added i still have to add anther 2
plus road warriors, just trying to get on to work first

What am I missing

Thanks
MArtin