[Openswan Users] Tricky routing question

Ralf Guenthner gue at alphatel.de
Mon Sep 6 12:44:35 CEST 2004

Hi list

I'm faced with the following situation:

Roadwarriors  <->  GwA  <-> GwB ---NetB
                    -NetA

In words: A group of roadwarriors using SSH Sentinel connects to a
gateway, using x.509 certificates and with a remote network setting for
NetA (which is directly connected to GwA). GwA is running a DHCP server
and we assign private IPs to the RWs via DHCP-over-IPSEC as described in
papers by Andreas Steffen and others.

GwA also has a site-2-site-VPN with GwB, so that NetA can reach NetB and
vice versa. Now the roadwarriors want to be able to access servers in
NetB also. Is there a way to do this except having the RW connect to GwB
directly? I've looked at various docs but no scenario I've found seems
to quite fit our requirements. Subnets is not the solution, since NetA
and NetB are totally different (one is private, one is public IP space).

Any help highly appreciated
Regards
Ralf G.