[Openswan Users] Can ping, but nothing else

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Sat Sep 4 22:32:34 CEST 2004

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004, Phil wrote:

> I'm running 2 Fedora Core 2 Gateways with Openswan 2.1.5-1 on each. I've

> The tunnels come up and I can ping across the vpn with no problem.  I can
> ping from a client machine to another client, ect.  But that's it.  I can do
> anthing else.  Cant access shares, can't connect via remote desktop, can't

First, you can try and lower the mtu on both ethernet interfaces on the gateways.
For example try setting the mtu to 1200.
Second. Fedora core 2 uses a 2.6 kernel and a lot of fixes went into 2.6.8.1
that probably haven't made it to the fedora kernel yet. Try using a vanilla
2.6.8.1 kernel.

Hopefully soon, you can try KLIPS on 2.6