R: [Openswan Users] OpensWan and Iptables

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Thu Oct 28 01:40:59 CEST 2004

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004, Giovanni wrote:

> At the moment my configuration server in ipsec.conf is the following:
>
> config setup
>            interfaces=”ipsec0=eth2”
>            forwardcontrol=yes
>            klipsdebug=all
>            nat_traversal=yes
>            plutodebug=none
>            uniqueids=yes
>            virtual_private=%v4:172.16.0.0/12
>
> conn prova
>            auto=add
>            authbt=rsasig
>            left=ip public server vpn
>            leftsubnet=network private
>            leftid=myid
>            leftcert=mycert
>            right=ip of pubblic client address
>            rightid=myid
>            rightcert=mycert
>            pfs=yes
>            keyingtries=3

This gives us nothing to help you debug your problem. It can be hard
enough with the IP's in it, but it is next to impossible if you
cover up all the information.
Second, an exact log message with the entire error message to go with
a configuration is needed to tell you what is going wrong.

'no connection is authorised' simply means 'client and server do not agree'.
On what? I can't tell from your information.