[Openswan Users] Smartcard-Auth

Dirk grosse Osterhues tud-gut at gmx.de
Mon Oct 25 17:22:20 CEST 2004

Hi,

I've got a question regarding authentication via smartcards. I've got a
working setup here with x509-auth and wanted to integrate
smartcard-auth. Because I use a Gemplus GPK 16k-card I didn't get it to
work. Nils Larsch gave me the hint that there is a problem with the
support for that card:

 > the problem is (based on my understanding of the gpk manual) that gpk
 > cards don't really support CKM_RSA_PKCS as required by the freeswan
 > patch (I think it might be possible that the gpk cards accept the
 > input in this case, as it's actually CKM_SHA1_RSA_PKCS, but that
 > would make the opensc signing process more complex) => it would be
 > better if the patch would only require CKM_SHA1_RSA_PKCS as this
 > really only needed.

So my question is: who got it running? Is there someone who can tell
which card really works with openswan? Maybe this is also interesting
for the rest of users.

Thanks in advance, Dirk.