[Openswan Users] Openswan...I'm lost

oswanusers at snowprods.com oswanusers at snowprods.com
Thu Oct 21 13:04:05 CEST 2004

I have been attempting to setup Openswan to run on clean Fedora Core 2
Install without success.  I can get it installed with no apparent issues
but I am unable to connect with any client.

I have tried to follow the directions from Nate's site () and have used
the rpms from ATrpms (openswan-2.2.0-17.rhfc2.at.i386.rpm) but I can't
seem to get it working.

I would also like to know if there is a way to use the built in win2k
client to establish a connection or if there is another client that can be
used instead of the certificate methods.  The organization that I am
working for would like to be able to use username / password
authentication for the vpn connections.  As long as it is secure (IPSec?)
there is no real need to support additional MS Encryption unless it can't
be avoided.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.