[Openswan Users] Recompiling the kernal (RedHat 6.0, Openswan 1.0.7)

Marshall, Jonathan Jonathan.Marshall at usfsi.com
Wed Oct 20 14:44:56 CEST 2004

I am trying to install Openswan 1.0.7 into RedHat 6.0.  I have all the
dependencies installed, but I am trying to recompile my kernel, which is
2.2.5.  It comes with patches for 2.4 and 2.6, but no patches or
instructions for 2.2 kernals.

In the end, I want to create a RPM or group of RPM’s with a shellscript of
Openswan that will install itself and all of its dependencies into a minimal
RedHat 6.0 installation.

I realize that 2.2 kernals are outdated and less secure, but the machines
running RedHat 6.0 are already in place.  If this is not possible, does
anyone have any suggestions on securely transferring a file from a RedHat
6.0 machine to a Windows machine?  Any help would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks,

Jonathan

---