[Openswan Users] tunnel has multiple instances

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Mon Oct 18 19:45:25 CEST 2004

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004, jef peeraer wrote:

> i have a roadwarrior-gateway configuration with rsasig. in my setup, there are
> three tunnels. if i run 'ipsec auto --status', i can see that the first
> tunnel has more instances than normal.

I do not see any timestampts, but perhaps that connection just rekeys faster,
because of the remote peer's settings?

> gateway is freeswan 1.98b, roadwarrior is  freeswan-2.04_1.5.4-1.6, with
> keernel 2.6.5-7.104-smp and ipsec compiled in.

Is that with using KLIPS? Not the native 2.6 stack. The latter will likely not
work very well, since development of freeswan stopped half a year ago, and many
changes were made both to openswan and the 2.6 kernel.