[Openswan Users] multiple authentication methods for road warriors

Abdul-Wahid Paterson abdulwahid at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 17:48:59 CEST 2004

I now have a work around (works for me type fix) for the problem I was facing.

I setup a dynamic dns service on the vigor router and on the linux
openswan end specified the remote connection as the dynamic dns name
rather than as %any.

I then wrote a small shell script that checks to see if the IP has
changed and if it has it reloads the IPSec profile for the vigor box.

It seems to work quite well and even when the IP changes it reloads in
a matter of seconds. Since the IP is only likely to change once a
month or so I am not too bothered about a few seconds down on my VPN
as the profile gets changed.

So now I can have PSK and RSA authentication running side by side again.

Thanks for everyones help.  If anyone wants to know anything about how
I got the Vigor working then email me personally and copy it to the
list.

Regards,

Abdul-Wahid