[Openswan Users] multiple authentication methods for road warriors

Abdul-Wahid Paterson abdulwahid at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 23:47:15 CEST 2004

Hi,

On one of my VPN gateways I have  about 25 VPNs with most of them
using RSA sig and a few using X.509. Probably 80% of my tunnels have
dynamic IPs on the other end so I have them specified as %any on my
VPN gateway conf file.

That has all been working fine. I now though need to connect a Vigor
ADSL router which can only do PSK authentication. However, is it
possible to share PSK authentication along side RSA and X.509? When I
try I get the error message:

023 authentication method disagrees with "somevpn", which is also for
an unspecified peer

Does this mean it can't be done? Is it a protocol or an implementation
limitation?

Regards,

Abdul-Wahid