[Openswan Users] Debian packages needed.

Ferdinand O. Tempel pw at linuxops.net
Thu Oct 7 21:23:46 CEST 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-07 at 17:51, David Clymer wrote:
> Thus quoth Joost Kraaijeveld:
> > From: Joost Kraaijeveld <J.Kraaijeveld at Askesis.nl>
> > To: Paul Wouters <paul at xelerance.com>
> > Cc: "Users Openswan (E-mail)" <users at openswan.org>
> > Subject: RE: [Openswan Users] Debian packages needed.
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > My previous message was not without a reason: I succesfully set up an network to network tunnel with Debian Sarge and OpenSwan 2.1.1.-4. Repeating the same procedure by the letter/keystroke OpenSwan 2.1.3-1 is not possible (does not result in a working configuration). Apparently something changed. Don't know what, cannot find anything to read.
> >

> I've had the same experience. The new version requires that you enable
> opportunistic encryption in order for it to work at all. The default is
> to disable it. This behavior persists even if one upgrades to 2.2.x from
> sid.

I've backported the 2.2.0 package from Sid to Woody, and have zero
problems with OE disabled (include /etc/ipsec.d/examples/no_oe.conf in
/etc/ipsec.conf). This is using a 2.6 kernel, however, thus it might be
a 2.4 specific issue.

You might want to consider to `reportbug openswan` on this.
--
Regards,

Ferdinand O. Tempel

Your friendly neighborhood linuxops.net administrator.