[Openswan Users] Why pluto is not running?

Pablo Silva psilvao at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 4 07:07:08 CEST 2004

Dear People:

    I 've installed openswan in whiteboxlinux respin
1, with the following instructions
(http://wiki.openswan.org/index.php/RHEL)

    When I try to verify the configuracion I see this:

[root at cometa openswan-2.2.0]# /usr/local/sbin/ipsec
verify
Checking your system to see if IPsec got installed and
started correctly:
Version check and ipsec on-path
                 [OK]
Linux Openswan U2.2.0/K2.4.21-20.ELsmp (native)
Checking for IPsec support in kernel
                 [OK]
Checking for RSA private key (/etc/ipsec.secrets)
                 [OK]
Checking that pluto is running
                 [FAILED]
whack: Pluto is not running (no "/var/run/pluto.ctl")
Checking for 'ip' command
                 [OK]
Checking for 'iptables' command
                 [OK]
Checking for 'setkey' command for native IPsec stack
support            [OK]

Opportunistic Encryption DNS checks:
   Looking for TXT in forward dns zone: cometa
                 [MISSING]
   Does the machine have at least one non-private
address?              [FAILED]

 What's happens with pluto?, I need configurate any
option for run ipsec?

 Thank's in advance!

-Pablo