[Openswan Users] openswan's limitations ?

albert agusti aagusti at serialnet.net
Thu Nov 25 20:57:55 CET 2004

Hello all,

I've been testing openswan for some time, and besides some minor rekey
problems solved very fast with your patch, It works really fine. I've
been trying to find the maximun supported tunnels in a IPsec Linux
gateway, and It seems to be only related to cypher speed of processor.
Could anyone reference the biggest success scenario deployed with
openswan ? It was done with a single server ? or splitting tunnels among
some machines ? I'd like to know about any BIG success with Linux and
IPsec.

Thanks in advance
Albert Agustí