[Openswan Users] canVPN server act as a NAT, www... server?

Bohuslav Riha riha at richter-frenzel.cz
Thu Nov 18 10:05:18 CET 2004

Hi, I have one basic question I can not fing a reply.

 I am trying to install OpenSwan on our Linux internet gateway. The
problem is that when I start the IPsec service on the Linux gateway
(where many other services are run - NAT, www, ftp, mail, proxy
server...) the routing on this computer is reconfigured so that this
computer can no longer connect to internet throught it default gateway.
All packets going to the internet are routed to the ipsec0 interface and
they are dropped there.

Please can you help me? Have we to have a dedicated server where we will
have the OpenSwan running?

Thanks, king regards
B. Riha.