[Openswan Users] Win XP & Ipsec

Jacco de Leeuw jacco2 at dds.nl
Fri Nov 5 14:57:28 CET 2004

MArtin Erasmus wrote:

> I now get the following:
> l2tpd[30898]: getPtyMaster: No more free pseudo-tty's

It seems you are using Fedora Core 2. They removed 'legacy (BSD) pty support'
(CONFIG_LEGACY_PTYS=y) from FC2 and l2tpd depends on this feature.

The l2tpd version released by the Debian community may contain support for
the new style pty's but I'm not sure.

Alternatively, you could recompile the FC2 kernel and enable legacy pty
support in the kernel configuration.

> I have googled but dont seem to find the answer

Sorry, I forgot to mention this error message on my webpage. Fixed.

Jacco
Jacco de Leeuw                         mailto:jacco2 at dds.nl