[Openswan Users] Not able to ping any internal PC

Radu.Popa at technomatic.de Radu.Popa at technomatic.de
Tue Nov 2 13:25:22 CET 2004

Hi!

I am trying to establish a typical VPN connection between a VPN gateway
(SuSe 9.1, K2.6) and a roadwarrior running WindowsXP professional and SSH
Sentinel. My problem is the following:

The connection establishes itself just fine ( I get on the gateway "IPSEC
SA established" and the SSH Sentinel says the same).
When I try to ping any computer from the internal LAN, I see the packets
coming to the external interface and stopping there.

I have the firewall deactivated. IP forwarding is on, masquerade the same
(the gateway is routing the LAN to the internet just fine).

Any clues on this, please?

Thank you in advance!