[Openswan Users] Windows dns lookup over IPSEC/L2TP

Duncan Reed duncan at elminster.com
Thu Nov 4 13:21:59 CET 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 13:11, Jacco de Leeuw wrote:
> Hi Duncan,
>
>  > After reading this article I also
> > realised about the existance of the 'advanced->advanced settings' in the
> > 'Network and Dial-up Connection' window.
>
> I found out about that not too long ago. Microsoft hid it well.
> How about that for Windows' renowed user friendliness, eh? :-)
>
>  > With this and the above article
> > I can hopefully get it sorted.
>
> I already tried that. Did not work.
>
> Actually, I have no idea what this setting does. Certainly did
> not seem to have any effect.

Oh well. It looked promising. Why does it not surprise me that MS hide
away useful settings that turn out not to do what you thought they did
anyway :-).

Sitting 1 foot away from ipsec/l2tp server but about 25 miles from test
client (unless I rewire the network again). So I shall have to put off
the joys of playing with settings till later.

Duncan