[Openswan Users] Windows dns lookup over IPSEC/L2TP

Jacco de Leeuw jacco2 at dds.nl
Thu Nov 4 00:19:27 CET 2004

Duncan Reed schreef:

>>>When I browse or do an nslookup it uses the primary dns on the Ethernet
>>>adaptor connection, i.e. the ISP, rather than those specified by the VPN
>>>connection.

I get the same result. IPCONFIG /ALL lists the DNS servers from the VPN
connection after 'dial-up' so I figured it would be OK but a tcpdump
shows that the original DNS servers are used.

It should be a Windows client problem because on the Linux L2TP/IPsec
server everything is configured OK.

The only information I could find at this stage is:
http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBM/tip6100/rh6175.htm

Jacco
Jacco de Leeuw                         mailto:jacco2 at dds.nl