[Openswan Users] How to force "best-match" for connections?

Andreas Steffen andreas.steffen at strongsec.net
Wed Nov 3 18:32:41 CET 2004

   leftprotoport=17/0

is not a wildcard but this is what the Windows XP SP2 client
actually proposes during IKE Quick Mode.

   leftprotoport=17/1701

does not match Microsoft's proposal.

   leftprotoport=17/%any

would be a wildcard parameter but as far as I remember,
I have not included the degree of port matching in the
computation of the best-fit cost function.

Regards

Andreas

Andreas Steffen                   e-mail: andreas.steffen at strongsec.com
strongSec GmbH                    home:   http://www.strongsec.com
Alter Zürichweg 20                phone:  +41 1 730 80 64
CH-8952 Schlieren (Switzerland)   fax:    +41 1 730 80 65