[Openswan Users] OpenSwan with Kernel 2.4.20-31 question

Wands, Mike Mike.Wands at tekelec.com
Mon Nov 1 09:17:15 CET 2004

Good morning,
I am new to Openswan, and kernel development for that matter, so please
bare with me.

I am interested in using openswan-2.2.0 with my Red Hat kernel
2.4.20-31.  There are two patches listed with this release,
openswan-2.2.0.kern-2.4.patch, and openswan-2.2.0.nat-2.4.patch.

Where can I find a description of these patches, and when they need to
be applied?

Do I have to apply these patches in order to build with my 2.4 kernel?

When I build the openswan-2.2.0 distribution, with the source RPM spec
file, and no patches, I receive no errors.   When I build with the
patches above, by modifying the spec file,  the build fails when
applying the kern patch.  It is unable to patch file
"+++linux/net/Config.in".  Am I missing a macro in the spec file?

Before I can ask configuration questions, I need to get past the build
process.

Thanks ahead of time for any help.

Mike