[Openswan Users] openswan and nat traversal

gio_ton at tiscali.it gio_ton at tiscali.it
Mon Nov 1 16:19:25 CET 2004

I don't understand how vpn operate with a roadwarrior remote pc. The remote
pc is behind a nat.  The nat is executed by a router.
I'd like to know if is it possible to have configurations that are always
ok for every remote connection I use. For example:
I have a notebook which is connected to my vpn network but I don't use always
the same connection and I can't modify the settings of the firewall or the
nat.
I'd like to get the same result of Check Point Technologies, that is the
vpn operates without modifications independently from type of connection
used by client remote.
My actual trial configuration is the following:

Client remoto ip: 192.168.2.10- router (ip: 192.168.2.1)-nat-public IP
Server Vpn/firewall public IP-lan priv (172.16.1.0/24)

If I use on remote client no natted Internet connections, the vpn operates.
But when I introduce the nat, I can made connection but I'm not able to
do ping or other towards my private network.

Thank a lot.

Tiscali Adsl 2 Mega Free: naviga gratis tutto l'anno!
Supera tutti i limiti di velocita' con Tiscali Adsl 2 Mega Free.
Sei libero da costi fissi e, se ti abboni entro l'8 novembre,
navighi gratis tutto l'anno.
http://abbonati.tiscali.it/adsl/