[Openswan Users] openswan on a linksys WRT54G - revisted

Ferdinand O. Tempel pw at linuxops.net
Sun May 30 23:08:36 CEST 2004

Hi,

Just a quick note to let you people I know I've successfully linked a
Linksys WRT54G WIFI router (2.4.20mipsel/openswan-2.1.2) as IPsec
endpoint to a regular (Linux 2.6/FreeSWAN 2.04) VPN gateway. This using
both preshared keys and x509 certificates.
To get this all working is less than trivial, but it does. All that's
left now is documenting, and supplying both the openwrt project and the
openswan project with enough information to iron out the glitches and
wrinkles. I am happy now, my goal is reached. A cheap (sub $100)
embedded system running as IPsec endpoint without NAT trickery and the
likes.

Thanks to Paul for the groundwork and both Ken and Paul for the support.
--
Regards,

Ferdinand O. Tempel

Your friendly neighborhood linuxops.net administrator.