[Openswan Users] Windows box as VPN client and router

Needy Admin needsh3lp at yahoo.com.au
Fri May 28 11:26:12 CEST 2004

 --- Paul Wouters <paul at xelerance.com> wrote: > On
Thu, 27 May 2004, Needy Admin wrote:

> > He now also needs to allow a handheld device to
> connect via the VPN.
> > As I understand the setup, he basically wants the
> laptop to be a
> > router/vpn gateway to allow the laptop and the
> device(s) behind the box
> > to access the servers at the office at the same
> time.
>
> If you don't care about the local wireless security,
> can't you enable
> Window's "connection sharing" (aka NAT) ?
>
> Paul

Hi Paul,

With Sentinel, it creates a virtual interface. There
is no "properties" window to turn ICS on. There may
be something through the registry but I dont know. I
tried turning ICS on the dialup connection itself
but it seems to mess-up the VPN connection and I can't

talk through the VPN at all.

NA

http://au.movies.yahoo.com