[Openswan Users] Ipsec error : no connection is known

Frédéric Gonzatti fred99 at libertysurf.fr
Sat May 29 12:45:31 CEST 2004

Hello all,

I'm trying to connect to my ipsec gateway with windows XP.
I've followed nate carlson (www.natecarlson.com
<http://www.natecarlson.com>) advices but the error message "no
connection is known" appears in my gateway. So it's impossible to ping a
LAN computer...

Could you please help my to enter the good parameters in my ipsec.conf
files (windows and Linux).
I'm using Freeswan 2.05.

My configuration is :

XP freeswan client--Internet---WAN side of the router (public IP
62.161.75.XXX)-LAN side of the router (192.168.3.254)---My Ipsec Gateway
(192.168.3.1)----My Ipsec Gateway (172.16.2.1)

I would like to acces to my LAN (172.16.0.0/16).
I think I've to use rightnexhop parmameter but I don't know how ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

    Fred