[Openswan Users] Using X.509 with a Pocket PC 2003 behind NAT

Nate Carlson natecars at natecarlson.com
Wed May 26 12:43:48 CEST 2004

On Wed, 26 May 2004, Trevor Benson wrote:
> Has anyone successfully connected a Pocket PC 2003 with IPSec/L2TP?  It
> seems my GPRS service is completed NAT'd so I end up with a 10.0.0.0/8
> address.  I just patched the L2TP on the laptop, but I don't know of any
> patched to get Pocket PC 2003 to work from behind NAT with L2TP.  Any
> suggestions?

Are you on T-Mobile GPRS, on the basic $9.99/mo service? If so, it won't
work - they block all outgoing ports besides HTTP/HTTPS, IIRC. If you
upgrade to the $20/mo service, you can either stay NAT'd with ports open,
or ask them for the "VPN Option" which gives you a real dynamic IP
address.

I don't have a PocketPC, so I can't answer that part of your question.
:)