[Openswan Users] Openswan in USA

Luís Henriques lhenriques at criticalsoftware.com
Tue May 25 15:15:36 CEST 2004

Hi,

(I posted this mail to the FreeS/Wan list and just after that I realised
the project has been closed... so I'm now posting to the openswan list a
copy of my previous email. Sorry for cross-posting, but I was not sure
anyone received my email.)

I don't know if this is the best place to post this question, but here
it goes:

In the company I'm working on (in Europe), we've developed a product
that uses several open/free software. One of these products is
FreeS/Wan. The point is that we have potential clients for this product
in US but, as far as I know, we are not able to distribute the product
as it is now because of export/import laws.

Is this correct?

How can we solve this problem? Is there a solution? I guess that this
problem is typically solved by having two different software
distributions: on for US and another for the rest of the world. Is this
right? I would like to hear your own experiences with these kind of
problems.

Thanks in advance.

--
Luís Henriques

--- This message may contain confidential information or privileged material, and is intended only for the individual(s) named. If you are not a named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version. Critical Software.