[Openswan Users] dhcp over ipsec

Radu Brumariu radu at cs.kent.edu
Tue May 18 11:17:02 CEST 2004

>>cannot respond to IPsec SA request because no connection is known for
>>0.0.0.0/0===131.123.35.3[C=US, ST=Ohio, L=Kent, O=KSU, OU=Computer
>>Science, CN=ipsec.cs.kent.edu,
>>E=radu at cs.kent.edu]:17/0...131.123.33.179[C=US, ST=Ohio, L=Kent, O=KSU,
>>OU=Computer Science, CN=radu at cs.kent.edu,
>>E=radu at cs.kent.edu]:17/0===131.123.35.159/32
>>

>[JAS- I'm a little confused by the addresses but then again, I've not
>spent much time with *swan log entries and may just be misreading it.
>So your dhcp'd workstation is at 131.123.33.179 and is talking to a VPN
>gateway with a termination point address of 131.123.35.3 and you are
>assigning DHCP addresses out of the network which includes the
>termination point of the gateway (131.123.35.0/24)?]

I know it sounds confusing and perhaps, this is what I am doing wrong ,
but here is what I want to try :

( RW w/ routable IP - e.g. 131.123.35.179 ... ) --------------- (VPN GW
- 131.123.35.3 ) ---------- (DHCP srv giving 131.123.35.155-159 -

            for this test at least )

( RW w/ non-routable IP - 192.168.1.100 ) --- (cable modem ) ------  |
            <--- ( not tested yet )

There may be something really easy that I am doing wrong, but please advise.

Thanks,
Radu