[Openswan Users] klips with nat-t on a 2.4 kernel with the 26sec backport?

Nate Carlson natecars at natecarlson.com
Thu May 13 15:28:32 CEST 2004

Hey all,

I'm playing around with newer versions of Openswan (2.1.2 cvs) on Debian.
I'm running Debian's 2.4.26 build (with backported 26sec support) on a
VMWare session behind a NAT gateway, connecting to a Super FreeS/WAN
1.99.3 gateway. If I use the 26sec kernel support, all is fine and dandy
with NAT-T support - things just fire up and work as expected. If I use
KLIPS, however (same kernel and config and everything, just loading
ipsec.o instead of the 26sec modules), I get the good 'ol dreaded error
message:

May 13 13:58:12 debian-ipsec-test kernel: udp_encap_rcv(): Unhandled UDP encap type: 1

Is there anything I can do to get this working? My understanding was the
Openswan was changed to support the 26sec-based UDP encapsulation code
even when using KLIPS, but it looks like that may not be the case.

Thanks, and let me know if you need more info!